Caring For Your Environment
At Harbour City Motor Inn
- your central Tauranga Motel Accommodation
- we are making every efforts to be kind to our environment by reducing the amount of energy and water we use and, where practical, minimising waste.
What Harbour City Motor Inn Is Doing:
Reducing Energy And Water Use: We’ve installed energy efficient lighting into all our units as well as a key card system so that power is only used when you are in your room. Our cleaning staff are trained to maximise washing machine loads and to have power on in the units only when necessary.
- Recycling And Reusing: We have opted into the community kerbside recycling scheme. We avoid throwing things away that aren't finished or can be used again; soap, milk, toilet rolls, old linen, are reused or donated.
- Helping To Protect New Zealand’s Natural Environment: The team at the motel are happy to be involved in beach clean-ups, ensuring the beautiful beaches in Tauranga are kept clean and healthy.
- Smart Buying: Where we can, we will buy New Zealand made products, eco-friendly cleaning products and energy efficient appliances.
What You Can Do:
- Use Water Wisely: New Zealand compares well with most countries in terms of water supply and availability, yet some areas, including the Bay of Plenty, can experience drought conditions over summer. You can help reduce the amount of water the motel uses by reusing the towels in your room if you are staying for more than one day and if you feel the urge to preserve water supply - have a shorter shower.
- Recycling and reusing: Sort your rubbish. We have recycling bins available for you to use for paper, cardboard, tins, plastic, and glass. The bins are located beside reception. If you have leftover packaged food, bring it to the office we will donate it to the local food bank.
- Keep the Bay clean: If you see rubbish lying about when you are walking around Tauranga, please dispose of it.